Saturday, October 24, 2020

Psalm 122:1

Psalm 122:1
I was glad when they said unto me, let us go into the House of the Lord.

Temples- the House of the Lord - have been a part of my life for fifty plus years. I was married in the Manti Temple. My very first temple district was Salt Lake City and that was true even when I was living in Michigan. There were so few temples back in those days. My second temple district was the Washington DC Temple. We loved those bus trips to DC.  Finally Chicago was built and that was so much closer.  We were surprise when we were later assigned to the Toronto Temple. At last we now have our own temple here in Detroit.

As long as the temples were far away, they were perceived as"the place you went to be sealed and / or married." We went to on temple trips perhaps once or twice a year. It was not until we had the Detroit Temple right here among us, that temple work became a very real part of my life.

It was shortly after the Detroit Temples was built in 1999 that I was asked to be a temple worker. That experience was life-changing for me.

Because Detroit has a small temple, the temple workers get to do all the ordinances. It was a lot of work to memorize the words but they are in my head now. The temple is always with me! At any given time when I need a respite. I can meditate upon the temple.

I am glad that they said unto me, "Let us go unto the house of the Lord".



No comments:

Post a Comment

Finding Insights in the Psalms

I read a book this last year entitled "For Times of Trouble" (Spiritual Solace from the Psalms) by Jeffrey R. Holland.  I was so t...