Sunday, December 20, 2020

Psalm 16:7

Psalm 16:7
I will bless the Lord, who has given me counsel: migraines also instruct me in the night season.

I am not one of those people who has constant spiritual promptings but at the same time I feel like I am sensitive to spiritual things. Dreams and visions are not my usual forte.  

However, I would like to share a meaningful dream I had the other night. It was a simple dream. I had gone over to the church building to get something. When I walked in, all of my church friends were gathered together enjoying some kind of activity. I was overwhelmed with the realization that I have not been invited. The dream was so powerful that I shared it with my husband that morning.

That very same day I received a letter in the mail from a church friend inviting me to join a small, private study group. I could not accept. The message of the dream was too real to me. I could not be a part of an exclusive group. 

Exclusive groups do not stay hidden. At some point in a Relief Society class or Sunday School class someone will say ," My study group was talking about this the other day". 

I just wish if somebody wanted to do a group of any kind they would open it to the whole Relief Society and invite all.

I am so touched by 2nd Nephi chapter 26 vs 24 to 33. The open invitation of the Lord to all.

"Wherefore he commanded none that they shall not partake of his salvation." 

"Come unto me, all ye ends of the Earth..."

 " Behold, hath the Lord commanded any that they should not partake of his goodness? Nay, but all men are privileged the one like unto the other, and none are forbidden."

". . .he invited us all to come unto him and partake of his goodness, and he denied none that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female; and he remembereth the heathen; and all are alike unto God, both Jew and Gentile. '

Surely that should be our model.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Finding Insights in the Psalms

I read a book this last year entitled "For Times of Trouble" (Spiritual Solace from the Psalms) by Jeffrey R. Holland.  I was so t...