Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Psalm 12:6

Psalm 12:6
The words of the Lord are pure words, as silver tried in a furnace of Earth, purified seven times.

When I am particularly distressed (and even though I love the Book of Mormon) I like to go back to the four gospels and read "the words of Jesus". Nothing brings me greater peace then reading His words.

When I am angry with someone He reminds me to "Go thy way and first be reconciled to thy brother".

When I am unforgiving He reminds me I must forgive "until seventy times seven", always asking me to grow and to trust that He will help me "for my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

When I am sad there is great comfort in knowing He is there. I find peace as I read "I am the light of the world" or "whosoever drink of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life"

I could go on and on with words of the Savior that I love so much. The Savior's words have great power when I read them. They have guided my life. How grateful I am to have had access to them and the great privilege of reading over and over these beautiful words of scripture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finding Insights in the Psalms

I read a book this last year entitled "For Times of Trouble" (Spiritual Solace from the Psalms) by Jeffrey R. Holland.  I was so t...